Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Friday, October 14, 2011

Live Poorer, Richer Perspective

Do you ever intentionally reduced your grocercy halfway down? Try Live 58. Do you ever walked shoeless toward the church and stood on the stage to lead the songs shoeless? Try Toms. Or do you ever trimmed down your lifestyle? Try Junky Car Club.

It's been a week since I started a $100 month committment of grocercy, which is a halfway down of my usual grocercy. It's set for October 7th to November 7th. It's a 31 days committment. So far I've spent $27.91 on grocercy. Keep it in mind that I have to spend only $25 weekly. This week I discovered some ways to use up all of my foods. I even used up my Forbidden Rice, which is expired two years ago, to make a delicious black rice pudding and a delicious sweet potato rice pudding with raw chocolate nibs. I felt spoiled when I enjoy eating my food more than ever. I'm richer with food creativity.

Last Wednesday night National Community Church hosted the special all churches prayer and worship night at Barracks Row. As I neared my flip flops broke apart. I fixed it. It broke apart again. I grabbed them and walked barefoot for few more blocks. I led ASL worshipping shoeless. Then I even cautiously walked thirty minutes toward home feeling the texture of the sidewalk and the road. One Day Without Shoes was totally interesting! Especially when I learned that the sidewalk of Stanton Park is the roughest and ouchy. Don't walk your dogs shoeless there! And don't call your dog the "Shoeless" Joe Jackson, who had to play a minor league game in his stockings due to blisters from the new pair of spikes, for we don't want to invent dog shoes. I'm richer with sidewalk textures.

It's all about getting richer with perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment