Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Abiding In Peace

Psalm 122:7 says, "May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels.” Psalm 29:11 says, "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace." And Isaiah 54:10 says, "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

I read few of my subscriptions that talked of peace. I looked up the verses they gave me. Then I somehow felt strengthened by those words. It hits me that some of us have the faith to step out in obedience, but it's up to us to abide in the peace. It's easy for us to continue to step out in faith and faith when we disciplined ourselves to know the Word- Romans 10:17. But it's hard for us to enjoy our journey as we wait for we are being stretched. We love to believe that God is going to do something BIG and SOON, our favorite terms. In this, our patience and controls are being tested.

Matthew Barnett shared his mistakes in the church planting. He once hurt himself by worrying too much about the instant success. Now he encourages us to worry less, focus on fewer things, have more fun, and pray more.

No comments:

Post a Comment