Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, November 7, 2011

Occupy DC campsite

A 31 blocks walk to Georgetown Trader Joe's led me to meet the camp of Occupy DC protestors on McPherson Square- 15th and K St NW.




There's a large poster of "Occupy DC" at the camp site enterance. There's a giant "TAKEOVR" license plate banner. There's a guy sittin' on the bench underlining the Holy Bible verses. There's a mini red banner with black marker quoting, "Smash Your TV & HAVE ADVENTURE!!!" I took picture of them. I liked the outlook, but I was clueless about the purpose.

I left to draw a list of grocercy and my backpack was packed. I decided to venture another walking distance to check it out once again. I passed it to find them again marching in Chinatown 10 streets away, blocking the road. It formed a curiousity in me- What is Occupy DC about?

It says, "We are a grassroots movement empowering the 99% to have a say in returning the country to a just political and economic system." Okay. If you have got your say, feel free to go over there and voice it out. Afterall, they will be there, with the daily General Assembly meeting at 6PM, which will last as long as the nation's economic system changes for the better. Or you could even go over there to lie down beside the dung like Ezekiel did, that's if the Holy Spirit oddly compells you.

BUT I believe that God has a better way to make His voice heard through us. Few wrote books. Few lie beside the dungs. Few sits in the pit. Few climbed up the mountains. Few remain in the wilderness. Few fasted among the magicans and the wise. And you are one of the few!


No comments:

Post a Comment