Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Friday, December 10, 2010

Who's Jeshurun? Hit Dial Up! (Isaiah 44-47)

When you read about Jeshurun for the first time it's like opening the Bible to Isaiah 44:2 and starting to read. It's tough to get a degree of familiarity with Jeshurun by reading Isaiah 44:2 because you haven't read Deuteronomy 32:15 or 33:5 or 33:26. This name isn't a person, but let me give you some context to Jeshurun so you can get acquainted.

The name seems to be a symbolic name for Israel. In KJV version, it was mentioned only three times in Deuternomy only, "But Jeshurun was waxed fat, and kicked", "He [the Lord] was king in Jeshurun", and "There is none like unto God of Jerushun". If you read carefully, you will see Jeshurun's personal pronoun. The pronoun is he. It is Israel in it's masculine form.

Daughter Zion is a feminine form of Israel.

I also discovered that Jeshurun's root is being same in the book of Jashar, also meant the book of the upright. Jashar showed up in Gibeon when the sun stand still in Joshua 10:3. And he showed up in Ziklag when David lamented for Saul and his son Jonathan in 2 Samuel 1:18. If I could sum it all up, then we will have six roots of Jeshurun in the Bible that we, the women, could look him up and hit dial up!

I hit dial up! I am getting acquainted with the book of Jasher. Um... but I will also get acquainted with Sun Stand Still when my mom will introduce him to me in California. Now I have two wonderful guy-books who I could hang loose with!

No comments:

Post a Comment