Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Nicaragua Post-Trip Reflection

My cross-cultural ministry just ceased! Not exactly.

Upon my arrival, I realized that my ministry was in a revolution! It immediately jumped from a relationship oriented to a task oriented. My mind simply froze. My emotion swells. What can I do? Well, I definitely got to re-evaluate my life as my cross-cultural ministry continues here.

Several goals:
-Jumpstart ASL "hang-out" small group for the springtime without any specific time or place to continue cross-cultural ministry in DC between two worlds.
-Advertise about Deaf Awareness event (for info, check noahbuchholz.com) and start to prepare a short, 15 min or so, presentation about Nicaragua coffeehouse where the funds will go to.
-Reunite with Nicaragua team for a dinner
-Look for any opportunity to continue learning Spanish in literacy
-Start to plan the next trip to Central America. I'm praying about taking a bus from Guatemala after a week mission trip toward Nicaragua to stay there for 1-2 months (July-August) to be able to continue advocating the Deaf there.

"His love is like a hurricane, I am a tree [not knowing what to do], bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy"

No comments:

Post a Comment