Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, June 4, 2012

Jumpstart the Inner Bookworm

"From Bookworm to Social Butterfly" certification was handed to me by my coach in the end of my first year of college basketball. In the end of my senior year, I felt like I had a senioritis and graduation is probably the sole cure for it and that I was ready for graduate school. Today I felt like one of those former days- a social butterfly. What's a social butterfly supposed to do if it missed being a bookworm?

Find a motivation.

"All women are called to be teachers, to live and speak the truth to those around us. When we are lackadaisical toward theology, too busy, too tired, or too fearful to wrestle with what the Bible says about God, we not only hurt ourselves and retard our relationship with Christ but we weaken other Christians who depend on us to be strong for them.
It may take a stern warning like this to shake us up and get us going. But higher motives will soon take over: the prospects of a DEEPER delight in Christ, along with improved strength and courage."

I'm not sure how I will jumpstart my inner bookworm, but I definitely needed to start with something! I believe that my readings and my writings don't impact the many as my words and actions do. It's as if a social butterfly had to be a beautiful caterpillar first before it could be a beautiful social butterfly. I need to jumpstart my readings and writings- my inner bookworm. My precious.

"Guard your heart [your calling and your time with God] for its wellspring of life." Proverb 4:23

No comments:

Post a Comment