Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Friday, June 29, 2012

Remind the Forgetful

New Poster at Ebenezers Coffeehouse 


Three days ago my friend, who I worked with as a youth teacher at a Bible camp, stopped by at Ebenezers Coffeehouse to see if he could surprise me. He emailed me when he and his daughter, a student at Gallaudet Unviersity, and her friend got there. He said, "Where are you?" I was at my home taking care of a guest and eating a breakfast. When I got his message, I laughed and rushed to meet him. I explained that I'm a full-time volunteer not a staff at NCC and at Gallaudet University, which I was often asked. I explained them about the history of NCC and showed them the performance level where we used to have the church services. I've been there since it begun and ceased, it was held in 2006-2012. When we got into the stairs, I looked up and found the frame blank. I told them that we used to have the poster to advertise the people about NCC and I wished that it was still there.

This morning I walked into the same stairway into 7:14 morning prayer. Viola, it was there! I love the new design. That was until I noticed something amissing. The beautiful thing became the most ugly thing I've ever seen. My mindset had changed. I couldn't pray. Actually, I asked God if I could find a knife and tear down the ugly thing. That was a prayer. I'm waiting to hear "Aye" from my boss.

What was missing? Maybe you could guess, maybe you could not. It is something that most people would forget. It's too common. Mistakes repeated.

"Interpreter Provided"

NCC had been wonderful this year! The weekly bulletin would include "ASL interpretation provided weekly at Barracks Row Sunday AM services." Neat! We also have seats reserved for ASL interpretation. Neat! We also created a new logo symbol for any interpreter provided events. Neat!

If we will grasp and love the reality, then we will become the people of God. We will remind the forgetful. The Old Testament prophets reminded the people about God. Moses reminded God that His people are His people. We remind each other that our people are our people.

National Community Church!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment