Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Holy Discontent (Ps 54-56)

"Attend to me, and answer me; I am restless in my complaint and I moan, because of the noise of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked."

Sometimes it is hard for me not to criticize people in my head, we all do! Why didn't this person do this or that? It is a sign of our Holy Discontent! All we want to do is do this or that. We want to push. We hated it when we could not do something about it! We are restless in our complaints. So what should we do?

"The best thing you can do is to move toward your area of holy discontent until you have clear direction from God as to what action you should take to resolve it. For example if the plight of the poor becomes your holy discontent, then increase your exposure to the poor... move toward the poor, not away from them." -Bill Hybels, Holy Discontent

Looking back, I understood why God wanted me at Gallaudet University even though I didn't realize it until now. I once wanted to go to any Division 1 or 2 college to play some basketball or go to a Christian college such as Rhema Bible College in Oklahoma, but I ended up going to Gallaudet as a last choice after I was weary with those desires. God must have wears me out for a reason! God wants me to move toward Gallaudet University, not away.

"God will birth new visions in you to become part of the solution. Stay near it so you can pick up fresh sights and fresh sounds that will stoke the firestorm of frustration in your soul. Why? So that God will have a topped-off energy supply in you to use in doing some seriously positive things in the world!" -Bill Hybels

God may move you toward something or allow you to go through something for a purpose. Patience is the key. Your restlessness may store up a topped-off energy supply in you until God lit your holy discontent, and then you shall explode! Dunamis!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting Kari, I needed to hear this message! to the glory of God

    ReplyDelete