Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, November 8, 2010

Renew the 83% Doubt (Ps 73-75)

"How they are destroyed in a moment, swept away utterly by terrors! Like a dream when one awakes, O Lord, when you rouse yourself, you despise them as phantoms. When my soul was embittered, when I was pricked in heart, I was brutish and ignorant; I was like a beast toward you."

One thing I love the most about preaching, blogging, sharing stories, and etc, is that God may prick our heart through our sharing! Actually it will stings at first, but we will be grateful for those stings when we finally awoke from our dreams to realize that we were ignorant about those truths for a while.

After reading Kim Potter's article this morning, her article about the spirit of the 10 disbelieving spies prickled my heart, "What am I like those 10 disbelieving spies? I thought I was like Joshua and Caleb for I consider myself steadfast." After some time of thinking, I learned that I overlooked the disbelieving 10 in those specific areas of my life that had caused some of His promise to "delay". I can imagine myself joining David's choirmaster, singing with my hands from the "O Lord, Do Not Delay" hymn in Psalm 70. Then I will kneel before the Lord afterward to beg Him to speed up the renewal of my mind even though I knew that I couldn't tell Him to hurry up when it's my mind that needs the speedy renewal.

Maybe we are not bold enough to confront those Giants such as applying for a job, lead a group, try out for a team or a band, start something new and creative, believe and hold on to something unseen as you wait, confront or speak up about a barrier, learn more about a language and/or a culture, meet someone new, ask someone out, go on a mission trip, move out, or any other specific areas in your lives that you are afraid of or thought you weren't good enough for due to your own measurement.

While we are waiting in the wilderness, we speak and meditate upon His words day and night until our minds renew before we may enter the Promise Land. We will need a complete version of 12/12 Joshua-and-Caleb or Jossie-and-Calebina mindset to enter the Promise Land by claiming His promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment