Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Secret Insults Go Unhidden (Ps 57-60)

"There they are, bellowing with their mouths with swords in their lips - for 'Who,' they think, 'will hear us?' But you, O Lord, laugh at them; you hold all nations in derision. O my Strength, I will watch for you, for you, O God, are my fortress."

Our parents, children, siblings, relatives, co-workers, classmates, roommates, or acquiantances may sting their cruelsome words into us secretly, thinking that no one shall know. They are in those four walls building. They are safe from any types of exposition, so that they may verbally abuse you whenever they want to! They would come back to gain their control over you by abusing you verbally daily. They come back with swords in their lips again and again like an evil version of a persistent widow until you give up. They wanted you to believe in their stingy words.

How did David respond to those sneaky wordy-stings? He fixed his eyes upon the Strength, his Lord, who will expose cruelsome truth. David shouted to God, "For You are my Strength, I shall remain in Your fortress and fix my eyes upon You, O God!" David didn't simply believe that the Lord shall be his fortress, he believed that the Lord shall also laugh at them. The Lord is going to take care of them. David simply had to fix his eyes upon his Strength.

David knew that he was anointed to be a king and that nothing may stop God from keeping His promise. All he had to do is to allow God take care of those bellowers. "Why should I stop what I am doing? I learned how to rely on the Lord to slay the lion and the bear, protecting my sheep. It is my first small step to become a king who will protect his people. I learned how to trust in Your name only, not in my resources nor in my own strength, as I came to Goliath who had been waiting for 40 days and nights for a challenger. I defeated him with You at my side. You shall finish what You've started, O my Strength!"

Keep our eyes on Him as He shall make the way for us into our "Promise Land" through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment