Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, November 1, 2010

No Fear: $100-300 Worth of Blog (Ps 46-49)

"Why should I fear in times of trouble, when the inquity of those who cheat me surrounds me, those who trust in their wealth and boast of the abundance of their riches? Truly no man can ransom another, or give to God the price of his life, for the ransom of their life is costly and can never suffice, that he should live on forever and never see the pit."

I couldn't not delight in how God answer us in our time of need. After a minor accident today, I wondered what challenge I may learn from this accident after calmly exchanging our insurances and the long wait for the police to inspect our vehicles. I came back home wondering how much a small car dent would cost me. So I googled up the average cost to fix a small dent and it would cost at least $100, unless you had a plunger in hand! You may be able to get a dent out by a plunger, keep it in head.

It's probably my first 'my-fault' minor accident after other three previous accidents in my entire life that involve the police. The first one was my bicycle accident, I hit a pregnant woman when I was a teen because she ignorantly crossed the bike lane while I raced against my neighbor friend. I stopped and stood still, not knowing what to do, while my neighbor friend urged me to bike away. I'm glad I didn't escape the scene as a teenager. Our natural reaction is to escape the problem rather than confront the potential consequences of our mistakes. After my first police report, I had to wait for few months to see if any of the lady's immediate family would sue me for this minor non-fault mistake. But none came.

Back to the present. I thought this old man was decent because he didn't grump over his car dent, but I realized that he actually fell short of God's definition of decent because he didn't pardon the price of my $100-300 mistake. He is probably a well-retired guy with some retirement money stored up, while I'm simply a missionary girl.

Can you imagine how much God has stored up in the vaults of heavens? God once told Job, "Have you entered the storehouses of the snow, or have you seen the storehouses of the hail, which I have reserved for the time of trouble, for the day of battle and war? (Job 38:22-23)" Our God is a decent Man who has everything stored up, but He is more than merely a decent Guy for He saw us in debt to the price of death due to the minor fruit-accident fault and pardoned us. Actually He didn't simply pardon us, He gave up His own Son to ransom us. Can you imagine a decent old man paying you for the worth of the car dent you had make by your own mistake? Instead of paying $100-300 to the well-retired guy, God would pay you $100-300 for the car dent you just made and you couldn't even pay Him back!

Hey, you probably just read a $100-300 worth of blog! Pay up! Squeak!

No comments:

Post a Comment