Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Baptism at the Bay

Nothing is better than experiencing something with someone. At the bay, I had the opportunity to walk beside someone who is ready for the new adventure. And I heard her story about her decision before we walked together, and then she shared her experience:

"When Pastor Mark and you shoved me into the water, I felt as if you both were throwing me down. It is as if I sank without anyone holding me. But I realized that you both pulled me out of the water instantly. I was amazed by the feeling, it symbolized that I am a new born Christian who is now so clean, being washed of the old sins." -Chani (baptized on July 10, 2011)

After hearing her saying this, I immediately looked at the pictures. I was amazed to see how deep she went into the water! I laughed. I was double-amazed after hearing her story. Then I shared my story with her:

I thought about applausing her among the audience with hands lifted high in Deaf's way to cheer for someone. I wanted all NCCers to cheer for her without clapping. But when I was asked to walk alongside them, I gave that thought up and hoped that they will do it in that way. I was amazed that all of them actually lifted their hands to cheer Chani after she came out of the water. It brings me a joy when I saw Chani cheering back to the audience. It's my favorite moment.

After this I began to ponder about what Pastor Mark shared, before the baptism. That I now could claim that I agreed:

"Not sure if anything rivals the joy of baptizing someone. That moment when someone goes under the water is so miraculous. It symbolizes death to self and new life in Christ."





No comments:

Post a Comment