Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Path to Coffee

I poured the boiled water over the ground coffee in the half-broken white dripper. Two mugs were filled. I am drinking one as I type this blog, and the other mug was topped with the silicone cover. It came to me that I have been drinking a coffee or two almost daily. I guess I am a coffeeholic now. How can it be?

Two years ago, I came into the offices of National Community Church in the second floor of Ebenezers Coffeehouse as a Protege. I found gallons of coffee available on every Tuesday mornings, so I drank one. Later it became two or three. Once a while, one staff would make coffee for herself or himself and I would ask them to make an extra for me. I depended upon them to make coffee for me because I didn't know how to make a mugful of coffee!

One day, for some reason, I decided to ask Kurtis Park about the amount of ground coffee I will need to make a coffee or two. He said two tablespoons (or is it spoonful?), so I made my own coffee, beside the instant coffee, for the first time. Or was it the only time that I remembered. But it certainly set the foundation for my life.

It all started with the taste and observance. It then led me to question. With the answer, I finally set the foundation for my life.

Try replacing my coffee story with the story of the path to salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment