Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, January 9, 2012

Into the Jungle

"God, send me into the jungle" had been my prayer since I was nine. I attended Youth With A Mission children's education foundation school with my brother, who is two years older than I am, among 10-12 age group even though I'm one year younger. There was only one interpreter for two of us, so I skipped an age group! There I sat beside my brother to learn about an hero named Bruchko who went through the jungle. A seed of this story was being planted into my nine-years-old brian.

Forwarding six-and-ten years minus few days, I've been praying, "God, send me deeper into the jungle." Over the years, I've understood that God's not going to send me into a dangerous tribal place in Africa or something alike. For God had a thousand idea when I had one. Without a knowing prayer, I prayed metaphorically. And my prayer life has been evolving.

Paul wrote to a group of churches in Galatians, "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me... the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Even to those who are culturally or personally different than us.

Far much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment