Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Be Naked Before God (Acts 5-6)

When I wanted to rededicated myself wholly instead of partly to the Lord again during the New Year Eve in 2009. I wanted to give all of me to Him, but I made a small request from Him on that night. I told Him that I wasn't ready to give up motorcycle since I owned it for only three months at that time! Several months later, I finally told Him that I am willingly to give up anything, even my own motorcycle if He wanted me to! My heart is willingly. I am blessed with this two wheel vehicle!

So I was asking Him for a permission to withhold a bit! Imagine how hard it is for Ananias and Sapphira to give everything away without withholding something back! So Ananias "kept back for himself some of the proceeds and brought only a part of it and laid it at the apostles' feet." And his wife knew about it.

The big difference is that Ananias didn't tell the apostles that he was withholding something back! Would it makes a difference if he told the apostles that he wanted to withhold something? I think it would! The apostles told him, '"You have not lied to men but to God" When Ananias heard these words, he fell down and breathed his last.' His wife also said the same thing without knowing that her husband had fell down dead. So, "immediately she fell down at his feet and breathed her last" as well.

It is okay for us to be honest with Him about our humanly nature. God is all-knowing God and all-loving God with some disciplinary for us like a true Father! But it is not okay for us to lie to Him! We all came here naked before God and we will always be. Don't try to disguise yourself before Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment