Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Worldly Distractions (1 Kings 10-11)

"You shall not enter into marriage with them, neither shall they with you, for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods." Solomon clung to these in love. He had 700 wives, princesses, and 300 concubines. And his wives turned away his heart."

Martin Luther said, "I have so much to do today that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer"... I think Solomon did the opposite! He married to many wives, which made him busier than ever! So by marrying them and his business, he was strongly influenced by his people rather than God! Unlike Martin Luther, Solomon began to turn away from God!

I love how Andy, one of other Proteges at National Community Church, mentioned this in his blog, "This week I was on the phone with one of our pastors at NCC, and when I was talking to him, I kept moving my arms as if I was explaining something to him face to face. I also recently caught myself laughing similar to someone else. Both are mannerisms I've picked up from people on-staff here. Does everyone do this, or just me and my brother? I think it's something that happens naturally when you observe someone and spend a lot of time with them."

Ta-Da!

We may not realize what we picked up from the others! It is much more than mannerisms, we may pick up the spiritual attitudes from the others even some good Christians, such as disbelief, which may limit our image of a true God! Or even cause us to stop battling in a spiritual warfare, causing us to turn away from His promises like Solomon did!

What do we do? We need to stay in His presence because it will prepare our heart to know which direction we should go. Stay in prayer and watch because the enemy is trying to distract you, so that you may be trapped into an unhealthy cage! Keep watch and pray, then prayers will direct you and protect you as well in your journey up the mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment