Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Don't Hold Others' Guilts (2 Kings 14-15)

We naturally felt some pang of guilts when some of our relatives or friends did something wrong! Sometimes we may try to do something to earn the forgiveness of the others. But we cannot do that! We cannot earn the forgiveness for the others! So what do we do? Sometimes all we can do is to be blunt honest with our friends or relatives who did something wrong and then get our hands off after we had done our part! Sometimes all we can do is back off and pray!

'According to what's written in the Book of the Law of Moses, where the Lord commanded. "Fathers shall not be put to death [blamed] because of their children, nor shall children be put to death [blamed] because of their fathers. But each one shall die for his own sin [guilt]."'

Oh boy! It's hard thing for me to do! I once struggled with this, I hate it when I knew something about a situation while the others doesn't! I wanted to be protective, but I had to keep my integrity! I once was mad at my friend for picking the seats behind rather than beside those two wounded wonderful couple, I think she was curious and wanted to watch them as a couple (some young adults!). But my friend didn't know that they were wounded by a lady at the church out of her jealousy! Because she was jealous and scared, she accused them of being some control freaks. I heard about it, but I had to keep my integrity and acted as if I knew nothing about it although I wanted to jump in. I was amazed by how God took this into His hands as He delivered the right message into the preacher's mouth to encourage them: Joseph was once sold into slavery out of jealousy, but later he was blessed! So, I knew that God is handling this! All I had to do is to pray! Yeah it was one of my toughest night after seeing how this message affected those two! I'm wounded as well, but I cannot jump in to earn a forgiveness for the others or I will block God's healing process! It is easy for us to jump in and become a distraction for the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment