Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sow + Reap = Zero Policies (2 Kings 11-13)

The author of 1 and 2 Kings is unknown, but it is traditionally for us to say that they are written by Jeremiah around between 560 and 540 B.C.

"Now when Athaliah the mother of Ahaziah [Deceased King of Judah] saw that her son was dead, she arose and destroyed all the royal family. But Jehosheba, the daughter of King Joram, sister of Ahaziah, took Joash the son of Ahaziah and stole him away from among the king's sons who were being put to death, and she put him and his nurse in a bedroom. Thus they hid him from Athaliah, so that he was not put to death. And he remained with her six years, hidden in the house of the Lord, while Athaliah reigned over the land."

This story reminds me of Shakespearre stories! But his stories were written 2,000 years later (so Shakespearre is probably the copycat!), and one of them is called "Macbeth":

Macbeth killed Duncan and his wife framed Duncan's servants, so Duncan's sons Malcolm and Donalbain flee to England and to Ireland. But after Macbeth earned the kingship, but he lived in fear under the three witches' prophecy [sow and reap policies] until he died! Macduff, who opposed Macbeth, later flee to be with Malcolm and then he led the armies to victory against Macbeth, so that the crown had returned to Duncan's son, Malcolm!

Wow if Macbeth lived under the fear of the "sow and reap policies" until he died, then I wonder if Athaliah lived in fear until she died. I think so! I usually lived in fear when I am stealing my roommates' food when they are gone! Then I found myself jumpy whenever I saw the door open wide and glanced over my back! Yeah food sure comfort me, but fear ain't! Stealing + Fear = Zero Benefit! Imagine Athaliah living in fear, glancing over her back while she reigns! Her kingship (sowing) + her death (reap) = ZERO (policy)!

No comments:

Post a Comment