Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Beautiful Thorn (2 Cor 12-13)

"So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited."

A lot of us don't know what was Paul's thorn in his side. But according to the verse, it says that it is like a messenger of Satan to harass him. A messenger is the one who carries messages or performs errands as a military or etc. Imagine ourselves in God's bubbles, protected, then our lives would be easy (conceited)! But while we are in His bubbles, we still face the messengers of Satan around us with beautiful thorns, trying to puncture our bubbles to make us fall! So we have to scan the area and move our bubbles to avoid the beautiful thorns. Instead of sitting like those kings and queens in God's bubbles, we will have to keep moving and moving to keep ourselves safe in God's bubbles.

A lot of us thought, like Paul, that we would live perfectly when we received Jesus Christ into our heart and began to follow Him. That wasn't true! Each of us were given the thorn because the messengers of Satan is still around to harass us. Each of us might have a dream or a vision that came from God, and then we heard other voices that is harassing us. Those harassing voices came from the messengers of the Satan, trying to blow-up our God-sized dream or vision by giving us doubts, fears, guilts, anger, etc. Yeah, our minds are like a battlefield where we battles the messengers of Satan in the spiritual warfare! Most times we cannot conquer our mind, so it forces us to kneel and beg God to come into our mind and take over our battlefield! By His grace, He will come and conquer the messengers of Satan for Jesus Christ had conquered them in the spiritual warfare 2,000 years ago! If we have the capable to win the spiritual warfare on our own, then will we be able to kneel down before Him to beg in humility? Will we be able to lift up our hands to Him in reverence? I think our beautiful thorns gave us the ability to kneel before Him in reverence when we were in our own room!

"Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." Stay dependent upon Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment