Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Situation Wasted Away, Memories Cherished! (2 Cor 3-4)

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day... as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen."

Last Saturday, I had a great trip to the Outlander with the 2ndthief motorcycle group to do an outreach ministry there! It was a wonderful chance for me to get know other brothers and sisters! After several wonderful hours there, everything went upside-down when we stopped at a gas station to fill up our tanks when my motorcycle key broke into halves. One half was stuck in the gas ignition and I was holding the other half-end of the key. Man, this ain't right! I was supposed to do a ministry here! I believed that God has opened this opportunity for me to be part of the 2ndthief ministry, so why did He allowed this to happen? Is my faith being put into a test? Or is He trying to show me something?

After we made some phone calls, we found a friend who can help me out. We ate at Pizza Hut nearby as we waited for him to come. When he arrived, they helped getting my motorcycle up and secured, so I rode with him, Rotorwash, back home! I had a chance to get know Rotorwash and learned about his heroic story. Now I knew why he had a tiger tattoo on his left elbow! He had slaughtered a tiger in self-defense! It reminds me of how Benaniah had chased a lion down into the pit on a snowy day! I felt like I've overlooked a modern-day Benaniah, til I had the chance to talk with him as we roll over to DC!

When I got home, I sat on my favorite chair pondering about all of those things. I realized that the question wasn't about whether God had tested me throught this situation or whether I had done something wrong. It's about looking at the unseen. My motorcycle will die someday, but this loving memory will never die! It's worth for whatever it will cost me to have a locksmith get my bike fixed! Money will come and go even if I will get myself into a deeper hole. I'd rather see how much God love me through those caring brothers to be filled with His love! His love costs much more than we can afford! When my money is wasting away, I am being renewed by His love! If you are facing the same situation today, let's look at how those situations may bring something to be cherished into our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment