Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Believe It or Not! (Habakkuk 1-3)


"For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told." The Lord answered... It reminds me of the Ripley's Believe It or Not. So I googled up one of those Believe It or Not comics.

Ripley's Believe It or Not:
-California's Ridge Route mountain highway-
Built in 1915 and linking Los Angeles to Bakersfield, had 697 turns in just 28 miles of road!
-The Vadoma people, a reclusive tribe in Western Zimbabwe have only two toes on each foot!
-Scientists have created mircoscopic walking robots assembled from strands of DNA!
-Thresher sharks have tails that can grow as long as the rest of their body and they use them to smack and stun their prey!
I don't know if you believe any of this do you? Well, I just figure this out, 697 turns/28 miles = an average of 25.5 turns per mile, or 6 turns per 400m lap. I'd probably take my motorcycle and practice some laps at a cement track and field somewhere for 350 laps to prepare for this route! I checked the site and the northern end of the 1915 Ridge Route is closed due to the storm in 2005, but I could rent a motorcycle someday and travel along the route and camp to see if I could count the turns. But I probably won't get the accurate counts since the northern end is closed! So, I had to let it go and believe... although I might add this route to my life goal lists to check off!
"And the Lord answered me: write the vision (or revelation): make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. For still the vision (or revelation) awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end- it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay."


God may do more than you could imagine or dream, even He can give you more than what you asked for! Sometimes I couldn't believe that God did this or that, so I decided to turn my journal pages over to recall some of visions/revelations. And I couldn't believe that God did or will do for me and for the Body of Christ!
My 2009-2010 Protege Year journal should be called, "Kari's Believe It or Not"! Maybe you should call your journal, "Your name's Believe It or Not!" I think we should call the book of Elijah, "Elijah's Believe It or Not!", "David and Goliath's...", "Moses'....", and so on! Our lives are actually revolved around "God's Believe It or Not!" Who would ever heard of a man who sent his only son to die for the neighborhood?!

No comments:

Post a Comment