Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Friday, August 13, 2010

Sabbath, a Day of Humility (Ez 17-20)

"Morever, I gave them my Sabbaths, as a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them... and keep my Sabbath holy that they may be a sign between me and you, that you may know that I am the Lord your God."

In those verses, it showed that keeping our Sabbaths help us to know that He is the Lord. We rest so that we can change our mindset from self-absorbed to God-absorbed, which may be uncomfortable at first when we didn't see the benefits of it! So "In the first, he fears and flees and seeks deliverance from all that can humble him. He has not yet learned to seek humility at any cost... there may be an unconscious self-exaltation with it all." -Humility, Andrew Murray

"As a pleasing aroma I will accept you, when I bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you have been scattered... and there you shall remember your ways and all your deeds with which you have defiled yourselves, and you shall loathe yourselves for all the evils that you have committed."

"Paul at once entered upon a new stage in his relation to the trail: instead of simply enduring it, he most gladly gloried in it; instead of asking for deliverance, he took pleasure in it." He realized that he is the least of the apostles because he persecuted the Church of God. He was humbled because he learned how to take pleasure in his errors, so he considered himself the least of the apostles rather than the best! He learned Jesus' meekness.

Do we take our time to recall how we had defiled ourselves by our errors, so that we may humble ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment