Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, August 26, 2010

God Wants to Protect (Zech 11-14)


"On that day the Lord will protect the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them on that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the angel of the Lord, going before them. And on that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem."

It reminds me of a dream I had, I was sitting on a tree, scared to go down because I knew that those white wolves will come and destroy me if I come down. So I stayed up there until my mom came from the grocery in her car, and I called her. But she told me to not to worry for I will be safe up there and that she had to hurry into the cabin. So I stayed and then the wolves came, but they cannot hurt me. I had been afraid of that dream and wonder a lot about those wolves and what kind of attacks I probably face. But the Lord said, "I will seek to destroy everything that come against Us."
After I applied for Protégé program and before I was accepted into the Protégé program, I rode with a friend and was lifted up when I saw a car in the front of us with "Protegé" on it. I felt like God was confirming it. But after a while, I feel a nudge that I should look it up, so I did and here is what I find:

pro·té·gé-
a person under the patronage, protection, or care of someone interested in his or her career or welfare.
I was awestruck that God seemed to say that He is going to protect me through this Protégé program. Now looking back, I saw that God wants to be the "wall of fire" protecting us. He wants to be the house of David, to be our fortress tree. All I need to do is to remain in Him so that "the house of David shall be like God". God will keep us on the right path as long as we allow Him to protect us, to be our "wall of fire" that will keep us from falling in one of those ditches.
God wants us to understand His perfect love for "there is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear." (1 John 4:18) He doesn't want us to fear legalism, which may cause us to fall into lawlessness or to fear lawlessness, which may cause us to fall into legalism. He wants us to have the "fear of the Lord" so that we will walk onto the path of His perfect love as He will be our wall of fire, protecting us. He will be faithful to provide us the Word to protect us from any storms that may come into our mind that is full of fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment