Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Friday, July 8, 2011

Have to, Want to

I began to have a morning routine this summer. At my best, I go out to pray and run. At other times, I just go out and do it. I am not fond of "just do it". I prefer to do everything out of pure passion.

While I remain with "just do it" discipline, I circled around it to see if I could discover the passion. This morning it dawned to me that I haven't danced out of passion in the locked room. Walk back and forth in mediation. Sign the chapter out loud. I am still circling my "just do it".

The same goes with my daily Bible reading. I have been following the android youversion one year reading plan. Lately I had the burning passion to read through the chronology Bible for 40 days, but I hesitated. I didn't want to get behind on youversion plan on my phone. I could choose "just do it" over the burning passion. Now, I am thinking about scheduling my day to include 35 pages of Bible reading daily for 40 days.

2 comments: