Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Say "I cannot"

I've been talking with my former roommate as she stays at our house for few nights. We shared some great memories such as learning how to ride unicycle, sharing afternoon teas, the scary route 1 trip in California (I shouted at her when she nears the cliff, it is something that we will never forget), and huge sleepover at her house for Thanksgiving and Black Friday nights.

One best thing about her is that she will be direct with me. Of course, she has 9 siblings who lived in Pennsylvania. And I had about a total of 24 roommates and sublets within 6 years. We are those two strong girls who needed to be softened. Thus she told me that I had to surrender in that pericular area, I tossed my white flag. If I am wrong, then I am wrong. My ways of living had to be changed. Afterall it's all about God, not me.

I love it when I had to swallow a humble pie. For I often think, "I can, I can." Certainly, we may have overused this verse in our lives, "With God everything is possible".

In the same way, for many churches to come together, they all had to toss white flags and surrender their own ways for the sake of Church. Too many of us, like the Tower of Babel, think that we can do it for God through this or that out of faith. We forgot to accept the mess of saying, "I cannot". Thus God splitted the people into languages. God taught us how to say, "I cannot". Maybe one church can do it while other church cannot. I know that our coaches probably said to us that "I cannot" isn't in their dictionary. While other coaches might taught us to study our weaknesses so that we may increase our strengths. In studying, we had to create a bigger len to see the whole picture. Through the humble mess of saying, "I cannot," we will see the teamwork being formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment