Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lent's 58

I love and hate changes! I read "Who Moves My Cheese?" when I was a frosh in high school. I ponder about the changes time to time. Maybe I need to heat up my chair- be steadfast- or leave it cold- do something new-but never let it be warm.

As of now, I am heating up my hills of my God given tasks with my bottom. I believe that God created those specific hills for me. So I had to stay in my nest to take care of my cage free eggs.

I also see a lot of hills that I had to remove my bottom from. For I don't want to be like a woman seated on Rev17:9 mountains. From time to time, God will give me grace to move. Meanwhile, I had to experiment with some goals to see if I am ready to move up as a servant-leader. One of them is the "Lent's 58".

Few months ago I decided to try budgeting my grocercy to $100 a month in order to give away the other half. It was a success except that I hadn't give away the other half because I had no clue on how I could do that. This morning I walked 3.2 miles to Trader Joe's and back. Isaiah 58:7 came into my mind once again, "Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house." It is so simple isn't it? In my path, I saw several homeless people and some OccupyDC protestors at some parks. There are some existing opportunities here!

It doesn't matter if I agree with their lifestyles, but it matters if I cared about mine. Am I generosity or not. Am I challenging myself in my servanthood or not? Am I asking Him for more of His grace or staying comfortable?

Idea- buy bagels and package of cream cheese (1oz) and grab plastic knives as I go on my weekly morning grocercy during the Lent. I could walk 3.2 miles to pray and meditate, shop foodies, and then walk back to give foodies away.I think it's a great way to do the Lent's 58.

Again, it's just an idea and it's up to God to give me grace to do it, well, actually it's up to me to receive His readily given grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment