Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lent's 58 in Action

"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." -Hebrews 13:2

Today I felt like this verse came into the reality! I just picked up my backpack from U.S. Park Police after checking my cash, food, and supplies in it. I signed at least 5 signatures to claim that there was nothing stolen. Then the police told me that a homeless guy whom I had fed had turned in my backpack. Whoa! Can you imagine that?! If you were a homeless, would you turn in someone's bag without looking in to see if you could steal some cash or even take a $20?

I was blessed with a whole "payback".

Yesterday I went out to Trader Joe's with two ladies and two little boys of few years to intently shop for some Lent's 58 and then strategically walk several miles back home. We shopped 12 muffins, a bag of apples, a handful of Go Raw Trek mix and cereal bars to go with us. We had a hard time walking with two energetic little boys, but when it came to giving out foods they are for it! Can you imagine having two toddlers who are obsessed with "MY! MY!" giving out the foods? They certainly showed their potentials. One of them sat on my shoulder giving out a bag of nuts and a bar when the other gave the apple and the muffin. Oh my, they gave their all.

When we were halfway through our adventure. We stopped to feed the thirsty boys with some drinks and it was when I noticed that my backpack was missing among the bags. I told them to go on as I hunted for my bag. I ran. I acrossed. I looked. I talked with few homeless men, but none was found. I stopped for a while to tell God that it was impossible. I believed that God had led me into this Lent's 58. No way. As I headed home, I praised God for this because I believed that He will bless me two-fold or three-fold for this. I walked expectantly.

At home, I called the bank to report my cards lost. I checked my netbook for the phone number of my other credit card and decided to open my facebook as my call is being on hold. I jumped and shouted when I saw the message. I hang up. I pressed my netbook onto my friends' face, "Hey there. I want to let you know that someone turned your backpack in to the U.S. Park Police..." Awesome! Facebook found me.

God's always for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment