Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pray, Prepare & Perform

"But IF you are led by the Spirit, [then] you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident..." -Galatians 5:18-19a

It's already more than a month since I've recommited myself to the hourly morning prayers. I've been asking God as I prayed- how do I pray, prepare and perform? I wanted to be led by the Spirit not by the flesh. Naturally, I found myself led by my flesh first before I recognized that I was also led by the Spirit. Sometimes the flesh and the Spirit overlap in our prayer. I feel that our preparation and performance often expose us to whether we are being led by the flesh or by the Spirit.

If the Word of encouragement comes, then we shouldn't hesitate to share them. For they do no harm even if they are from our flesh. But if the Word of disapproval comes, then we should think about it long and pray for the wisdom in how we should share it yet not overstepping the fine line.

Paul had written many letters to the Church about how we should love one another. I've found that he encouraged us to Pray for Spiritual Wisdom (as this passage was titled in KJV) as he wrote to the church of Ephesus in Ephesians 1:16-18:

"That's why, when I heard of the solid trust you have in the Master Jesus and Your outpouring of love to all the followers of Jesus, I couldn't stop thanking God for you- every time I prayed, I'd think of you and give thanks. But I do more than thank. I ask- ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory- to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing Him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is He is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life He has for His followers, oh, the utter extravagance of His work in us who trust Him- endless energy, boundless strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment