Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Your Heart Calls (Neh 1-2 & Ezra 9-10)

"And the king said to me, 'Why is your face sad, seeing you are not sick? This is nothing but sadness of the heart.' Then I was very much afraid." Nehemiah was just a cupbearer to the king! He knew that his dream is too much to ask! But the king wanted to know what was in Nehemiah's heart, so he had to tell the king that he was sad because in place of his fathers' graces, the city lies in ruins and the gates had been destroyed. So the king asked him what he could do for him, of course the only way to deal with a heavy heart is to bring a healing to the broken place! That's restoration! So Nehemiah responded, "if your servant has found favor in your sight, that you send me to Judah... that I may rebuild it."

Your true calling is probably something that's already in your heart and something that you never tell anyone about. Nehemiah didn't shared what's in his heart until the king asked him. And even he didn't share it with the others! "And I told no one what my God had put into my heart to do for Jerusalem." So you're probably the only person who may discover your true calling. You would have to ask yourself this question: What do you care so much that you could be willingly to give up your life for? What is it that will make you say, "I wanna die" because this very thing is what broke your heart! Just like you've been stabbed in your heart. It is something that you wouldn't be able to hide very well. Nehemiah couldn't hide what's within his heart. So his face had shown his sadness, which led him to discover his true calling!

It's Nehemiah's true calling to go to Jerusalem and rebuild the city and the wall. So he went to Jerusalem with few men and stayed there three days to inspect. Nehemiah now understood that God has called him to do those things and that he cannot deny, so he cannot hide what's within his heart from his men anymore. Thus Nehemiah said to them, "And I told them of the hand of my God that had been upon me for good, and also of the words that the king had spoken to me." As result of his bold statement, his men were strengthened and said, "Let us rise up and build."

No comments:

Post a Comment