Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Utilizing Our Dreams & Visions (Dan 5-8)

"Daniel saw a dream and visions of his head as he lay in his bed. Then he wrote down the dream and told the sum of the matter."

Daniel is ten times wiser than all magicans and enchanters, so he was wise enought to write down his dream and visions. I wished I wrote down my dream right after I had one to keep those details vivid! I still debate with my parents once a while about what the dreams my dad and I had since our dreams corresponded. I recalled that my dad dream this and that, but my dad recalled differently. Since he dreamt his dream, he probably recall it more correctly than I did, but I hesitated since it is different than I thought. Unfortunately there was no details record about his dream! Since my family recalled my dream with the same accord, I was confidence that my dream was vivid, so I wrote it down later.

God sent one having the appearance of a man to Daniel to tell him, "'The vision of the evenings and the mornings that has been told is true, but seal up the vision, for it refers to many days from now.' And I, Daniel, was overcome and lay sick for some days... but I was appalled by the vision and did not understand it."

Daniel was sick for some days although he didn't understand the vision, but he was shocked by the vision for the future. Of course he was afraid because his vision revealed that "without warning he shall destroy many." It is scary to know that someone will arise and cause fearful destruction. It was exhausting for Daniel to receive those visions and interpretations, so he needed some days to recover! It didn't scare us much because we are reading those second-hand, when Daniel received those messages first-hand. In the same way, it doesn't increase our faith when we borrow others' faith as second-hand until we experienced those types of storm ourselves and first-hand saw how God carried us through all of this. So Daniel needed time to recover from his vision-storm!

We all may experience different types of spiritual battles as we received our dreams or visions. Joseph had those wonderful dreams! Daniel had those scary visions. Although I had a comforting dream, my perspective once caused the fear to creep in me as I ponder about the interpretation of the dream in the part when those wolves prowled around me. But God is changing my perspective over time so that the wolves in my dream were now fearless to me because I know that God is my walking-stick (supporter) in anything I do! Although my dream remained the same because God showed me that He is protecting me from the wolves, but it is my perspective that changed over time!

"The more you understand the dynamics of vision, the more you can consciously choose to function at the level of vision--beyond positions, beyond reactions, beyond fear."

No comments:

Post a Comment