Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

God Says, "C'mon Lil Children!" (1 Sam 8-11)

"Happy Birthday Kari! It's amazing to see how God has taken this tiny, shy, timid girl (back when I first met you) and turned you into a courageous woman of faith. Your boldness to share your faith with others is a inspiration and encouragement to everyone who knows you. God does indeed have a very special and wonder...ful plan for your life! Jeremiah 29:11 Lord bless you on your special day and give you many, many more!"

I want to say thank you all for reminding me that I was born 24 years ago and that I had changed a lot since then! I am probably 19-20 years old in my spiritual birth (I think I have lost my spiritual birth certificate, wink). In the same way, I believe that God had changed a lot of you ever since your first spiritual birth like how God had changed Saul from a timid guy into a courage king!

Imagine a prophet coming up to you, telling you that God will use you mightly. Well, you might say, "Well, I am worthless, why me?" like how Saul once answered Samuel the prophet when he came up to Saul: 'Saul answered, "Am I not a Benjaminite, from the least of the tribes of Israel? And is not my clan the humblest of all the clans of the tribe of Benjamin? Why then have you spoken to me in this way?"'

When Samuel asked all tribes to present themselves before the Lord as Samuel was casting the lots to set a king over them. The tribe of Benjamin was taken by lot, then clan of the Matrites, then Saul the son of Kish. "But when they sought him, he couldn't be found. So they inquired again of the Lord, "Is there a man still to come?" and the Lord said, "Behold, he has hidden himself among the baggage."'

Some of us may push God's words for you aside like how Saul pushed Samuel's words for him aside. But God always find a way to pull you into a position that you avoided! God loves to encourage you and build you up. Like how God nudges me (6 years ago) with this verse Matthew 11:12: "the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it". He is telling me to move as God moves, "C'mon gurl! Let's fight alongside with me, aren't you a Daddy's little girl?" All I can say, "Okay, Daddy!" and move. I knew that I cannot stay in a defense mode when my Daddy is calling me to go with Him. So I go with Him and learned a lot from my Daddy as I watched Him fighting the battles for me, all I have to do is carrying His stuff for Him such as carrying His Words in a bag and allow Him to pick the Words He needs and apply it to His sword. I just kept moving as He moves. God is always fighting on the offense, so am I! So are you!

God is saying, "C'mon little boys and gurls!" All you have to do is saying, "Here I am, Daddy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment