Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, July 12, 2010

Loss of Ignoring the Lost (1 Sam 29-31)

"David said to him, 'To whom do you belong? And where are you from?'
He said, 'I am young man of Egypt, servant to an Amalekite, and my master left me behind because I fell sick three days ago.'
And David said to him, 'Will you take me down to this band?'
And he said, 'Swear to me by God that you will not kill me or deliver me into the hands of my master, and I will take you down to this band.'"

It is easy for the master to ignore the sick and move on without wasting his time! But he didn't realize that his servant has the free will. So when David's men fed him bread, water, a piece of a cake of figs and two clusters of raisins, the servant was revived for he hadn't eaten for three days and nights. So he was eager to take them to the band that has ignored him as long as they won't let his master to hurt him or hurt him themselves.

David won the servant's heart by simply serving him! Jesus won our hearts because Jesus simply served us by teaching us, hanging out with us, and heal us! The servant's master decided to ignore his servant because he knew that his servant won't be able to keep up with him and serve him. So his greediness led his servant's loyalty to David, his enemy!

If David ignored the young servant, then David mightn't found the Amalekite or found the easier way to catch the band. By David's men's generosity, not just to their people, they received a blessing from the young servant because they went outside their boundary to serve the outsider. Are we willingly to serve someone on the street? Are we willingly to serve someone who is abandoned? Are we serving the lost, or ignoring the lost?

No comments:

Post a Comment