Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Deceiving Necessaries

Last night I got up in the middle of night to pray. I prayed about whether what I am doing is right. I felt something oddly heavy that it was hard for me to sleep or to pray. I decided to grab a jacket and a pant to take a walk at 2AM. It was a nice prayerwalk. I feel lightened. I slept.

This morning I tried to look for something about what I'm discerning. My eyes fell upon Under Cover by John Bevere. It's one of my top ten books, which had helped me throughout my homeless months in my senior high school year. It's precious.

"Adam and Eve were no exception. They didn't have physical covering or clothing; rather, they were 'crowned' with glory (Ps. 8:5). The word crowned means 'to circle or surround.' They were covered by it. The very glory that God placed on them was so overwhelming that, in their eyes, it concealed their physical nakedness. For this reason Scripture says, 'They were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed' (Gen. 2:25). They were not ruled by self-consciousness; rather their lives were before God. The thought of wanting clothing didn't cross their minds because it wasn't necessary.
That changed the moment they disobeyed. Prior to their disobedience, their spirits completely dominated, whereas afterward their flesh would dominate. The first words recorded in Scripture after they ate were, 'Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked.' (Gen. 3:7). The key words are they knew. They had knowledge they did not have before.
The principle of the knowledge of good and evil is to live life according to what is right and wrong. Before the Fall, their actions were governed not by the knowledge of good and evil, or by right and wrong, but by the knowledge of God."

Here is the questions that I asked myself:
1) Did anything unnecessary become necessary to me now? What caused them to become necessary to me? Was it of God?
2) Was my action governed by my logical thinking or by my spiritual hunger? Could I decieve myself by combining them both into my own direction?

It's time for us to rediscover the true inner peace. To get above the clouds. To see God's path outlayed for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment