Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Leading Peers

Last night I received a direct feedback from a valuable person. She warned me that she will be direct with me. I told her to bring it on. When we ended our conversation, I told her that it doesn't harm me a bit, but it lifted me up instead. It gave me a hope of an improvement. Well, I won't bite. But I will bite those people who won't respect those people I respected the most by harassing them with reasonings when they said no- back off!

I pondered about many changes in my life this morning. I realized that I am surrounded by the people I respect the most this year. I respect those people because they are the ones:
-who would simply said, "No."
-who would say, "You need to do this because it is your turn to do so."
-who would say, "This habit had to change, here is what you could do..."

Those people are willingly to take risks. They would hesistate before they could be direct with me. They would strive to say it out due to their experiences. They are correct in what they are doing. They earned my respect. They led me when I am leading them. Or the other way around. That's what I call leading peers.

Are you leading your leaders? Or are you leaving your leaders standing alone by not being direct with them? Do you ask your followers to lead you by being direct with you? Do they know that you won't bite?

No comments:

Post a Comment