Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Why Bethel Seminary?



I just got accepted into Bethel Seminary of the East. I applied for this seminary two weeks ago with only one day deadline to apply. It's amazing how the people replied quickly about it to help me in my completion, especially the Bethel recruiter.

Now the question lies- Why did I apply for M.Div program at Bethel Seminary? How did it comes into my head to do so?


Three weeks ago, I was in Olathe, Kansas with the IgniteASL team finishing a filming project for Deaf youth. One member of the team challenged me to apply to seminary to see if God was leading me to enroll in a Master of Divinity program. She saw that I was passionate and smart, skills that should not go to waste. For this reason, I took her advice into consideration. After returning to District of Columbia, I reviewed one of our draft films called “God’s Gift”. It talked of how we may possess confidence and humility at the same time. It made me realize that I was partly resisting a higher Christian education in my yearn to stay humble, like those uneducated fishermen in the Bible, when I did not need to resist. For few days after the trip, I began to get restless and so I applied after learning that I have a chance to do so.


Books surely fill my learning mind, but they don’t challenge my opinions as my classmates and teachers would. Thus I seek to re-immerse myself into the wolf pack.

"I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." - Rev 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment