Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2nd Annual Java Jog




I took a test run at Rock Creek Park this morning with my Galaxy S 4G phone device. I jogged. I text with a friend who tried to make me guess who she was listening to- Steph Modder CD. And I took some pictures, of course I had to stop to capture some scenes! After the run, I had to gulp some water and stretch before taking a first sweaty ride upon my ninja 250. Nice!

As the team prepares our 2nd Annual Java Jog on May 28th, I had to pause to reflect upon our first Java Jog. Hains Point it was. 50ish runners ran in a 3.1 circle beside Potomac River. At the finish line, one of them ran toward the pink barricide tape thinking that she was supposed to do so! So the poles that was cemented within the painting tin fell over. We had to retilt them and reposition the tapes and we laughed about it. With the limited 5k resources, one must have misunderstood the purpose of each equipment.

This year, we will take a caution in creating the path, especially that they will not run in a circle. They will run downward, swerve a curve, and then smile hugely at a volunteer with our bib number to pose like prisoners without stopping or slowing down. After all of this, we had to reverse ourselves to head toward the finish line!

If you want to participate 5k this year, this event is ready to be purchased at http://5kjavajog.eventbrite.com
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment