Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Take An Old Treasure Out

When I searched for my old sermon notes, I felt a nudge to take out an old envelope 'Fundraising for Skate-A-Thon' from my jean Bible case encasing the Teen NIV Bible. I typed a blog, "A Due Season to PUSH" last night from my memory since I couldn't find my old sermon notes. But I hesitantly put the envelope into my current journal for the sermon notes. I want to hold it before I am certain of what is tugging at me.




This envelope contains a cash and a check. It was for a youth camp. After my family moved out, I lost the contact with everyone at the church. Thus I buried it into the stacks of notes and memorizing verse cards within the jean Bible case. I treasured this Bible because it was my first read-though Bible with all of the reading plans checked off in the last pages. I also treasured the personal note, "Prov. 4:23" from my youth pastor bookmarked in Proverbs section. And so was the envelope stacked.




But why do I have to take a treasure out?




I felt the tug that I kept it to await for this very day when I would revisit the church. I thought I was keeping it in faith for the past seven years, believing. But God is telling me that it's now time to let it go. I really wanted to give the cash back to a certain person who gave it to me to show myself faithful. But God has a better story.




As I was trying to understand, a new thought came up! God definitely has a better plan. Sometimes we have to let something go before being able to enter into something new. So we entered into His new plan. By donating a cash that was intended for a youth camp toward my church, I enabled my previous church to bless my current church. It's awesome! But there is more to it. My previous donation toward this new location also came from another church whose had blessed me. Thus a story was created. Through the obedience, I'm privelleged to carry the blessings from two churches toward Barracks Row. Even if the blessings were a dollar and a dollar. This story was personally created. Even more, through this purchase National Community Church will be able to bless the People's Church.




Here is the whole picture: # of churches have blessed National Community Church, and then National Community Church will blesses the People's Church. Why did I wrote # in this equation? Because I wouldn't be surprised if another church also blessed National Community Church through another person. God's thoughts are way bigger than ours.




Are your story being created? Are you willingly to allow God take your story and turn it into a bigger story? Ask.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment