Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Friday, April 29, 2011

Boycotting the Undesirable Fame

I kept thinking about a certain picture taken two weeks ago. I couldn't stop laughing. It reminds me of few other stories in the past.


  • Senior Class Favorites in CSDR, high school

I boycotted the yearbook photographer for the "Teacher's Pet" photo. I was so mad that my friends decided to vote me to be the teachers' favorite rather than the most athlete. I would do anything to be a basketball star and even a trackster star, not to be teachers' favorite. My arguments was: I finished my assignments and passed my tests to maintain my 4.0 GPA for myself only, not for the teachers. I listened to maintain my own moral values only, not for the teachers. Although I failed in the end with two 89% grades due to my miscalculation! I skipped few things when I knew I would've gotten all A's. At least I am away from being miss perfect.Afterward, I accepted the "Most Likely to Succeed" photo after negotiating with the yearbook staff. I boycotted my photo until things are being corrected.



  • Good Friday service in NCC

I ditched my chair to sit on the floor to avoid the spotlight. Afterall, I planned to stand in the back. That was until it gets crowded when I saw that no one was willingly to sit in the front. Whatever, I thought. I'm going to do it if they won't. So I went ahead and fill the chair. Suddenly I realized that I'm in the spotlight when it was dark in the back. NO! I could not worship Him freely that way. I ditched my chair.


  • The first People's Church service, NCC

I avoided smiling, "Cheese" when Pastor Mark took a picture of us all. Thus I hurriedly grabbed my notebook and start to jot down, "PM... SERMON... 4/17" on the headline, in order to excuse myself from smiling. Afterall, I didn't planned to sit in the front. I had to do so in order to find my way to my seat easily after leading in ASL worshipping... And pastors don't usually take a picture of us. I was the only one who boycotted the front-line photo among the twenty-eight smiling faces in the first four rows. Oh boy!I am an unique-ridiculous me. And I laughed at my ridiculous-self.

No comments:

Post a Comment