Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, May 2, 2011

Bible Reading Marathon at Capitol

International Bible Reading Association just presented us an opportunity to become part of consecutive 90 hours of Bible reading all the way from Genesis to Revelation. The reading begins at 6 p.m. (EDT) on May 1st and continues to May 5th at noon. Each volunteers may read for 15 minutes to more than an hour at the Capitol steps.



I believe that I started somewhere in Numbers chapter 14 for I recalled signing, "But my servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit in him..." This statement has helped me to retrace where I had begun. And I must have ended somewhere in the end of 29th chapter for it repeats, "one bullock, one ram, and seven lambs." As I neared the end of my hour, the lady stood behind me waiting with her Bible open. So I guided her as I point the verses as I sign with one hand, so that she may know how to take over as I step aside without pausing. It was simply awesome! I think I presented those chapters to thousands of angels and souls. And I wasn't nervous, not even a bit.


After less than an hour and half of reading, I pondered about the rate of speaking and signing. Did I slowed down the process or sped up the process with my signing? To cut my thoughts, I googled. The studies show that signing conveys information at the same rate as speaking. For this reason, I am equally qualified in timely manner as theirs and they as mine. Yet I think about timing my pastor as he/she reads the specific passage within the Bible and then compare. Can anyone resist a case study?


If you would like to join a Bible Reading Marathon next year, then mark it on your 2012 calendar! You could even bring a youth group to have teens read it out aloud in turns for 15 minutes each.

No comments:

Post a Comment