Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Friday, May 27, 2011

Spiritual Seniority

Spiritual seniority occurs within us when we felt as if we have a privileged status owing to length of continuous service. We began to take things easy, reducing our enthusiasm for any God-given challenges. We began to be complacent before the transit and it triggers the danger of temporarily not being at our spiritually best.

When do we face the danger of being spiritually seniority?

We may be in brink of claiming God's yearlong promise, moving into a new family or roommates, enrolling into a new job, college or military, or entering a new level of our spiritual journey when we experienced the spiritual seniority. Afterall we have been in it for so long, we excused ourselves. Enough is enough. But is it? What about our best?

Naturally we are all excited when the new things are tangible. We easily forget to finish hard what we have started with our last kickings. We may aim a step ahead as we are finishing our high school, leaving our old roommates, or leaving our old ways. We began take our assignments easy as we end our schooling. We began to stop communicating with our old roommate as we communicate with our new roommates. We began to stop fighting against something that caused our bad habits as we start a new habit, leaving a room for temptation to reform our bad habits.

With the excitement, I often failed to kick in some areas of my life as well. When I was in high school, I ended my senior year with my first two B's, leaving me with 3.9 GPA on my high school transcript. When I was in college I ended my 1st semester of my senior year with 4 B's and 1 A, leaving me with 3.796 GPA which is only 0.004 away from being a Summa Cum Laude. Surely I don't care about those GPAs, but I certainly care about my spiritual GPA. I want to be in the mountaintop for my spiritual journey.

Get rid of our spiritual seniority. Finish well and start well.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment