Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Secret Process of Germination

"Only after your seed has been planted and it goes through the process of germination - the outer shell breaks off, the new growth springs forth - will it blossom and produce more fruit.
If you were to ask the seed, it would say, 'I don't want to be planted. It's lonely in the dirt. It's dark. It's uncomfortable.'
Once in the ground, the seed can't see any light. People walk on top of it. Yet the truth is, it's not buried. It's only planted. When it's underground in that dark time, something supernatural happens. Even packed in tons of soil, the tiny seed cannot be stopped. I can imagine the earth around it, feeling something stirring and confronting that bold seed: 'What do you think you're doing? You can't get out. I'm much more powerful than you.'
'No, no, no, I know a secret,' the seed replies. 'I'm not buried. I'm planted. I may be down right now, but it's temporary. I've got the life of God in me. I've got comeback power. I will rise again.'
Sure enough, one day that little seed breaks the surface of the earth. It smiles and says, "I TOLD YOU [emphasize mine] I was coming out.'
The seed is no longer buried. No longer hidden and alone. No longer are people walking on top of it. It's got a new beginning. New potential is being realized."
-It's Your Time, Joel Osteen

No comments:

Post a Comment