Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Friday, May 13, 2011

Call People From Graves

"An old preaching professor used to take his students to a cemetery every semester. Standing on the perimeter overlooking scores of headstones, he would ask his students in all sincerity to speak over the graves and call people from the ground to rise up and live. With some embarrassment and an awkward chuckle or two, they would try it. Of course, one by one they would fail. The professor would then look at his students and remind them of a core truth in the gospel: people are spiritually dead, just as those corpses in the cemetry were physically dead, and only words from God can bring them to spiritual life." -Radical

Ask David Platt about that preaching professor and get him to preach at your church. I would love to have a professor like him who would challenge us to experiment with what we can do and cannot do. Through this experiment they saw that they were helpless without God. They also saw that it is harmless to believe and ask. God simply will speak a word and the people ressurected, the mountain moved, and even a donkey spoke.

Crazy people love to hang out with crazies and Crazy-Guy-Up-There!

The disciples were once helpless, "How may we cast out the demons?" Jesus told them, "Your faith is smaller than a mustard seed, but this faith never comes out except by prayer and fasting." -Matt 17:21, the deceased verse for some manuscripts

A dead bird once fell along my path. I spoke in my head, "Get up and fly!" I walked few steps and repeated it. Then several more strides, I glanced behind my back and tried again. This time my eyes were focused upon the deceased and it moved! I was never so sure if it actually moved or if it was the wind. One is never so sure. My faith may be less than a mustard seed. But I believe that I could teach others about it. If William Seymour could teach about speaking in tongues without any experiences then I could! I may be the next preaching professor taking some students to Mt. Olivet cemetery, "Speak over the graves and tell them to get up."
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment