Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, May 30, 2011

Be Physically Homeless & Mentally Wealth

My parents once said to me, a young lady, "Come and follow us". As a minor, I had no choice but to follow them all across the city in Riverside, California. We moved from Motel 6 to Motel 6 with our things abandoned in a storage. After three months,when credit card became an issue, we finally moved into a camping ground and planted our tent there. We moved from a campground to campground for two months. Our homelessness ended after one more month of motel 6 after camping thanks to our para-legal attorney who filled out bankruptcy for my dad.

Through that journey, I learned something valuable from a well respected coach. I learned how to possess that mental wealth. Afterall, our coaches probably taught us how it is 90% mentally and 10% physically that get the athletes into the top. In the same way, my coach taught me how live my life to the full when I was homeless with my family.

He took me to the weightlifting room afterschool to train me off-season in plyometrics. We had a short conversation in between short breaks for recovering periods. I shared with him about the move into a campground. He was one of the few who knew about my situation at that time, I trusted him enough to know that he won't panic. So I shared. Do you know what he said to me? He said the only one word that impacted my life drastically, "FUN!!!" At first, I was shook off by it. After few seconds, the bulb lits in my head. I went back home, the campground, with a completely different perspective. After that I began to look forward to being home to talk, hike, bike, read and etc rather than longing for an escape.

In the same way, I believe that Jesus wanted to tell us, "FUN!!!" He wanted us to have a different perspective about giving up the wealth of this world to follow him. That is mentally wealth. And our mentally wealth on the earth shall lead us to possess the eternal wealth.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment