Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, May 2, 2011

Unclarified Roles

Do we need to clarify our roles? Nah, we can play together like a teammate. It's just like "Don't try to create the game, but let the game flow" and hang it cool! -MYTH

In my senior year, our team had a practice at the end of the season. I was the captain of the team and as we practiced, I corrected a player for her fundamental basketball moves. A cat came out unexpectantly. She growls. I squirted the water gun, but she hissed. So I backed out. White haired coach was left with bewilderment when I walked off the court for the first time. Later, I somehow returned with controlled eyes. Another coach, who knew the factors of my life situations, acknowledgedly allowed me to sit out and watch.

After the practice we had a brief meeting. I probably talked with my coach prior to this meeting or so. I told him that the roles aren't being clarified because she rejected my correction. So we talked about my role. My coach told her that he expected me to aid him in correcting the players' fundamentals and that he considered me as his assistant coach in the practices. We understood. After that, she began to be more appreciative and the problem didn't come up again.

What was the real problem? Unclarified roles was. Maybe your co-workers didn't spread out the tasks. Maybe your roommates refused to purchase toilet paper due to the unfairness. Or maybe your family refused to wash dishes due to the confusion. And if that tension continues due to the unclarified roles. Then maybe you have to make a suggestion, "Can we meet to clarify our roles?"

List them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment