Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Life & Ministry Goals

A season of changes is coming into my life this month. I had to reevaluate my life and ministry goals and make some adjustments in order to recreate the flow. With the set boundaries, the Spirit will flow through us. Nehemiah investigated. Job set his prayer routines in the mornings. David walked among the sheep. Daniel recreated his meal plans. Paul changed his travelling companion. Jesus built a team. And Moses delegated his leadership.

Life Goals:
Investigating my life- I saw that I needed to set some boundaries so that the Spirit may continue to flow. I don't believe that I have any bowel problems although I've been having a problem with a bloated stomach and yellow diaherra this past year. I observed that the problem came up before I preach, before I leave for a mission trip, or etc. It may be a spiritual battle, but what I can do to stop it? I need to change my praying, exercising and eating habits. And let God to do the rest.

-Praying: I've decided to pray for an hour in the early mornings like Job did. I simply get up, drink water, and leave to pray til the clock moved a short hand forward. I also consider blogging as part of my prayer life, so I reset my daily blogging into the top of my priorities.
-Exercising: After praying, I will go directly to either exercise or reading. My goal is to exercise at least 3-5 times a week, probably short exercise on weekdays and long exercise on weekends.
-Eating: I created a dinner plan such as listing this: Monday- chicken legs and veggies, Tuesday- sushi, Wednesday- spaghetti, and so on. With a set goal to eat salad once a while for my lunches.

I'm also looking for a new place where the sun will shine through the bedroom window in August. It's time to change my dwelling place as I will roommate with Heather Suhr. I'm excited about some upcoming food shoppings with her, girls' time!

Ministry Goals:
Investigating our ministry- I saw that there are some roles/plans clutter, which may be normal for the 2nd year of ministry. So the roles/plans needed to be laid down to set some structures, yet continues to be flexible enough to allow the Spirit to flow. We may be too spiritual that we hover from the earth or we may be too structured that we froze in one place.

-Deaf Ministry at National Community Church: (1) Finish Leadership 101 closed captioning process to be able to raise up some Deaf leaders this fall. (2) Back out as a small group leader to be able to advocate other leaders as a co-leader. (3) Jumpstart a Deaf/signers group in NCC Alpha at Ebenezers, starting on September 19th and ending on December 6th, as I recruit few interested leaders. If I couldn't find any, then I might have to lead rather than coordinating. (4) Reform Deaf Ministry plans and connections. (5) Run the 2nd annual 5k Java Jog!

-Deaf Campus Ministries Connection: (1) Hoping to create a partnership with Deaf Teen Quest somehow through a meeting this summer. (2) Create a DCMC logo, and maybe a website host site with a domain name. (3) Establish some clear future roles: Camp coordinator, conference coordinator, mission coordinator, events coordinator, etc. (4) Connecting with other campus ministries and college students. (5) Start a prayer and fast on campus, like IHOP, this fall.

-Campus ASL Alpha: (1) Finish the filming and subtitling process, and submit them to AlphaUSA to be reviewed. (2) Restart Campus ASL Alpha at Gallaudet for the fall, which may be followed by a new discipleship plan to be formed by teaming with a new ministry leader, Heather Suhr, from Ohio.

-IgniteASL: (1) Set the 2nd season of filming project to be done within a full week sometime this August to prepare for a fall semester bi-weekly youth Bible teachings in ASL.

By setting those goals and priorities, we have trimmed down our fats. But to build up our muscles, we have to firmly set our prayer/worship time with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment