Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, May 23, 2011

Prophetic Friends

A prophetic friend is someone who will utters divinely inspired revelations into your life that will completely changed your life.This kind of change is uneasy. It will cause us to bend our knees before God in our tears. It will cause us to be restless in the Spirit. It will cause us to waste away in our weariness from the inner pressure. All we wanted to do was to escape from it all, but we couldn't. We had to press through the season of change.

A prophetic friend doesn't make you smile in self-glorified and waste away from God. A prophetic friend doesn't make you blame or condemn others, forgetting about ourselves. A prophetic friend doesn't make you complacent so that we shall not move as God moves. But a prophetic friend ignites you to press through a new season, to soar higher above the storms.

What is it like to have a prophetic friend or to be a prophetic friend for someone?

I found it funny that when my prophetic friend pushed me, one may or may not know that it was a revelation from God. So I moved in anguish, telling my friend that it was a prophetic word. One doesn't say that it was the word from the Lord, but I knew. My friend didn't mean to share those prophetic words, but out of one's authentic heart those words came even when one doesn't want to push. It all came out of obedience. Those prophetic friends will always be cherished, I held them close.

It doesn't require us any spiritual formula for us to be a prophetic friend for someone. In fact, sometimes I didn't know that my words were prophetic until I saw my friends move in anguish, praying harder. That made me pray harder as well. I have no control over those prophetic words. But out of my heart they came. I never asked for them. I simply asked God to guide my words and my life even when they are senseless.

David never asked to be a king. Samuel never asked to be a prophet. Esther never asked to be a queen. Moses never asked to be a leader. Deborah never asked to be a judge. Nobody asked to be something different than who they wanted to be. But all they did was loving the Lord with their whole heart.

Maybe you want to be someone who God doesn't want you to be. Maybe you tried to copy the spiritual formula from someone else, but God had the different spiritual formula for you. Maybe you intendly hurt yourself for God when God has given you a cross to take up with Jesus as partners, not without.

We needn't beg Him to allow us to share the prophetic words, but beg Him for a prophetic friend who will push us into the right direction. So that the flow of the Spirit may come in the due season.

Jesus never called himself a prophet, but he shared prophetic words with everyone around him. Go and be healed. Get up and walk. Leave and follow me.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment