Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Cute-Deadly Young Pharisee (Job 31-33)

***FYI- My view on Elihu is wrong... let's read the next blog to understand why I am wrong... Here is an evidence of my error, a failure is something we learn from, our greatest gift! By failing, I passed something by learning from it and change my view! I will explain what I learned!

After the excitement as I found out that Job's three friends finally fall into the silence, Elihu came to strike me! I feel like I want to shut my Bible and put it aside! But I got to go through this one! After solving a problem, here came a new climax, but this one goes up to Mt. Everest! Oh boy!

When I first saw that Elihu responded, my attitude went like this: Oh I wish I have a little cute brother who wants to vent out his anger. I would pat Elihu's head like how my brother used to pat my head when I vent out in anger, trying to prove myself! But as I grew up, my attitude changed! I started to praise him, saying "Kupo! My brother sure know a lot!" quoting from Final Fanansty XI game that my brother used to tease me to make me argue! I learned to turn myself upside down and use this quote to encourage rather than venting out! That's what Elihu need! Maybe he will change someday! (FYI- this blog is dedicated to my wise brother who taught me this, "Kupo!")

The Mt. Everest came when Elihu cleverly said, "I was wrong". That is one of a deadly pharisee's strategy to attack a person, by talking smoothly (fake humility) by confessing first! Elihu said that he was wrong about "Experience will tell the longer you live, the wiser you become" and then he pointed out that "it's God's Spirit a person that makes wise human insight possible." to earn his position as a spokesman, as a judge! So he will be able to earn the right to judge Job! We can never earn that right! Smooth talker! Deceiver!

His humility through confessing is proven a fake because after saying all of those things, he lashed out his anger at Job's three friends for having nothing wise to say to Job! Now we need to take our time machine and go into the future and see how Jesus act! When the disciples failed to cast out demons, they came to Jesus and asked for His help. So, Jesus went to cast out demons and answered their question, "through fasting and prayer your faith will increase". Wow! Jesus told them to go to Him to increase their faith rather than lashing out anger at them for not being mighty-mighty! Jesus knew that they are humans, so Jesus build them up by telling them that all they need is Him!



I love those three questions that Pastor Mark shared this morning about what we may ask Him:

1. Did we suffer because of our sins?
This question may be dangerous because it is 50-50! Some of us may turn back to Him when we experienced some pain and feel like He reminds us that we need Him. But some of us may go through some sufferings even though we are blameless before Him like Job but he still have more to grow! Be careful with this type of question!

2. Is it a spiritual attack from the spirit called "Satan"?
When it does, we should be angry at Satan instead! Sometimes it can be true because Satan can be like lion that prowls around waiting to devour you. But we shouldn't be afraid! We should kneel before Him and pray instead of living in fear. Worship Him when the fear began to creep in us. Go to bathroom (or other places) to lift your hands up in praise Him to lift yourself up when you need it.

3. Does God tests us through our sufferings?
Sometimes God may use our sufferings to prepare us to be His friend, to show them His glory! We will become gold after our sufferings as we open up to the others and share our testimonies about how God gave us the inner peace after all of those! To be able to handle things better by maturing. To understand others is a greatest gift we can get from God!


No comments:

Post a Comment