Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My "Job Testimony" (Job 1-3)

"Job doesn't curse God as his wife suggested him to do so, getting rid of the problem by getting rid of God." from Message Bible introduction.

That's it! It is the perfect way to express what I did recently! I decided to get rid of the problem by getting rid of God during my senior year in college for one semester before I turned back to Him during the New Year Eve 2009! That's when I started to see how God moved in my life with renewed eyes, yeah the scales had fallen off on that day when I announced that I am going to rededicate my life to Him wholly again!

Then after the introduction, I read about how Job had been faithfully in confessing (sacrificing animals) the first thing in the mornings! That's why he was upright in His sight! He kept checking to see how he can repent and grow daily by remembering Him!

Job was prepared to face the suffering that will come soon by remembering Him daily! It was like how I grew in Him through the youth group during my junior year before facing a terrible 6! We cannot face something tough before we grew strong in Him!

Then Job faced four strucks rapidly! First messenger came to tell him about the loss of animals and workers, then while he was speaking, another came! I love how the pattern of the story, 'while he was speaking' shows how fast the destruction came! Like how fast the blessing came for Cornelius for Peter was still speaking when the Holy Spirit came upon them (Matt 10)! Basically Job lost all animals (animals, sheep, and camels, and the workers/drivers) and all of his children, and then his health!

Wow! Job lost three things! I love this pattern because I kinda feel emotionally attached to this chapter. For I also lost three things at once in the end of my junior year in high school! On the last day of school, we moved out and ended up homeless. On that day I lost my friends in my public school almost 100%, lost home, and lost my Spiritual family at the church (which was the worst of all!). But He gave me one thing, the book to encourage me through it all!

Then after that, did you look at how Job responded?! I love how he responded... he decided to worship Him the first thing after four strucks, before his health got bad! He said, 'The Lord gave, and taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." He didn't jump around to praise Him... Not at all! He just acknowledge Him that everything is His! Authentic worship!
Then he began to curse his life instead of cursing Him. That's the best way we can respond! Rather than getting rid of the problem by putting Him away, we ought face the problem and hate the life to continue loving Him!

After those terrible 6 (6 months of being homeless, in either motel or tent), we moved back into an apartment! My relationship with Him finally got easier. I went to Gallaudet afterward. But one thing still stay missing, THE ROOT. After turning away from Him (July 6 to Dec 31, 2008), I finally turn back to Him and found a Spiritual family (church), where an inner healing comes! Yeah I still wait for more blessings to come and in His time they shall! =)

-To those who went through the chapter of Job as well... trust me... keep waiting... http://fromgardentocity.com/blog/post/job-1-3/

No comments:

Post a Comment