Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Don't Go with One Mindset (Jer 34-37)

I was sitting in Ebenezers Coffeehouse after the service when my friend went to a bookstore to look at the books. I was checking some of the updates through my pager when I saw him coming in. So, I raised my free hand to let him know that I am sitting here while I am beginning to stand up, still looking at my pager. Then I realized that he didn't notice me sitting here, all he did was zooming to the next door to the next service in the basement! I was shocked! So I started to look for someone who may have some free eyes for me to catch them and ask them to tap my friend. But no eyes are free! All of them are busy. So I laughed and walked after him!

It is funny that my friend would come in Ebenezers with one mindset, that I will be in the next service, worshipping downstair! We don't have any interpreter in the 2nd service. Maybe he knew I love to worship. So, he came back in with one mindset!

In the same way, the Jews had one "wrong" mindset. Jeremiah went to them to deliver His message, but they couldn't see or hear him because they believed that "peace, peace" lies. After rejecting Jeremiah with threats, Jeremiah sent Baruch to give His message by reading the scroll out. Some of the officals heard him, but the king rejected them. I feel like Jeremiah found someone to tap the king's shoulder like an interpreter, but the king still zoomed to the next door without looking. So the king went to the next door to the wrong place! Yes God promised that He will bless Israel's bloodline because of David and many fathers before him, but we all cannot keep one mindset because He may lead us in zigzag as a Shepherd! God will be able to see some traps or some holes, so He will tell us to follow Him in different direction to be able to get to one destination. We all go to keep ourselves sensitive and open to every new directions, to every small voices or waving hands!

But after the king saw that the Babylon are coming and the defeat, he finally come to Jeremiah when he was locked up in jail and asked him for the word of the Lord! It is like how my friend came out and realized that I am not in the next service. They both had one mindset and when they get there, they realized that this mindset is a wrong mindset.

But the right mindset is to keep your eyes and ears to the Shepherd, not to the destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment