Share and let this blog fly!

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Eating the Crumbs (Mark 7-8)

"Yes, Lord; yet even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs." (7:28 MSG)

This woman was a Gentile, specifically a Greek not a Jew. But by her faith, she leaped this cultural barrier to get her daughter healed as demon left her daughter at Jesus' command when Jesus saw her faith! So she earned her Crumb.

I recalled of how I once "ate the crumbs" at the Braves Club, the Christian club that meet every Tuesdays for lunch. On that certain day, my interpreter had something that came up, so she couldn't intperet for Braves Club. But after thinking about how badly I want to go, I decided to go! I just want to be with Him through worshipping and listen to His words. So I went anyway... if everything is possible with God, so why not! But by my faith, I was blessed with the ability to read lips while I worshipped on that day! I was surprised how I keep on signing the right words at the right pace among their voices by reading lips and the words on the board to match them up! I was thrilled to find out that I can do it! Then after the worship, my friend offered to jot down the message on the sheet. So she tried her best to summarize everything she can. I really enjoyed my lunch break there, but even more, I enjoyed the inner peace after the club! When I walked out of that classroom, I feel something different about myself, and when I got into the next classroom, I realized that the Holy Spirit is upon me. So I enjoyed the rest of the class with the inner peace as I worked on the school stuff! After that, I wasn't able to keep up with the others in worshipping with interpreter present, so I have to depend on intepreter to follow the correct pacing! So this is like one lifetime in my junior year in high school!
If there is any barriers, let's leap over those like this woman. "His (Paul) authentic missionary passion helped him leap over all cultural and racial barriers." (pg.40, Spiritual Leadership)... As the result we receive more intangible guidance from Him... "We naively think that the more we grow as Christians, the easier it will be to discern the will of God. But the opposite is often the case. God treats the mature leader as a mature adult, leaving more and more to his or her spiritual discernment and giving fewer bits (like crumbs) of tangible guidance than in earlier years." (pg. 122)... It is better to eat the crumbs of what is visible and eat the meal of the invisible.

1 comment: